A centralized video library provides a number of distinct advantages, including storage, accessibility, and security. Many institutions and companies have invested heavily in video creation, but are not maximizing the benefits of this investment. Centralizing video content provides users, creators, and administrators with new tools and options.
Storing Video Content
As video content becomes increasingly important, institutions have more content to store. Storage space is often costly, requiring space, hardware, and IT staff. Cloud-based video storage offers key features for today’s video-rich online experience.
- Cloud-based storage can grow with you over time. There’s no need for continual investment in hardware.
- Support services are incorporated into cloud-based hosting; there’s no need to employ staff to care for and maintain your own hardware.
- Consistent uptime provides your users with reliable access to your video content.
Accessing Video Content
Creators and users need to be able to access and manage a video library. In order to access content, users have to be able to find content; it must be organized in a logical, intuitive framework.
- Structure is essential; users should know where to look for content. For educational institutions, this means Course Channels, Campus Channels and Public Channels.
- Searchable content is more useful to all types of users. When users can search for a keyword found in the audio or slide contents, they can find the videos they need with ease.
- Individual User Collections facilitate the ability to upload content and share content within a centralized video library.
Securing Video Content
One of the most significant benefits of a centralized video library is the ability to chose to share video content or to secure video content. This can encourage video content creation, as well as increase the marketing potential available through video.
- Publicly accessible video links and embed links facilitate video sharing on social media and other platforms.
- Limited institutional or corporate access provides the ability to easily share content within a large group; like all students or employees.
- Smaller group access enables limited access to a set group, like a class.
- User collections provide individual and administrative access to content.