TED talks, and conference recordings in the style of TED talks have become a near-industry standard. What are the components of a TED-style conference recording?
- Dual camera angles.
- Use of visual presentation media.
- Focus on a single speaker.
The end recording is crisp, focused, and visually appealing, but it doesn’t look like a standard slide deck or a television program. TED talks have a big budget for professional-quality production, but a TED-style conference recording can require little more than a laptop or podium computer.
Using YuJa to Create a TED-style Recording
YuJa’s practical lecture capture tools can do more than just capture classroom lectures–they also work well for conference recordings, capturing the TED talk experience for your conference. We’ll talk you through using the YuJa Software Station, but you can also use the YuJa Hardware Hub, or a combination of the two to create your conference recording.
What You’ll Need:
- A laptop or podium computer with the YuJa Software Station installed for use.
- Two Webcams
- Visual presentation media, as desired
Recording and Editing your TED-style Talk
To record a TED-style conference presentation, you can opt for either scheduled or on-demand recording, but should get your cameras set and ready to record. A wireless microphone lets the speaker move around the stage, and good lighting helps create the TED-talk atmosphere. When you’re ready to begin, start the Software Station recording, and give your presentation.
Once your recording is complete, YuJa’s suite of tools, including captioning, semantic topic analysis, optical character resolution and non-destructive video editing are available.
- Captioning increases accessibility for all users and is key to YuJa’s smart semantic topic analysis. Semantic topic analysis quickly lets users see topics included in your talk.
- Optical character recognition combines with captioning for increased searchability. Keywords aren’t just found in the text transcript of your talk, but also in the visual aids you used.
- Non-destructive editing enables you to remove unwanted content, or to integrate additional video content into a created video. Your original YuJa video capture file remains fully intact. You can also edit captions using the YuJa Video Editor, or add a watermark to your video.
Sharing your TED-style Talk
YuJa offers a variety of ways to share your TED-style conference recordings.
- Publish to your Public Channel for public access, or to your CampusTube channel for controlled access.
- Download your video as an MP4 file to share.
- Use a direct link or embed code to add your video to a website.