Traditionally, orientation is held on campus so students can get an idea of where key facilities and classrooms are, as well as meet instructors and peers. Today, students may not be able to attend orientation for a variety of reasons, from their schedule to physical location, or for other reasons.
YuJa’s Enterprise Video Platform Can Facilitate Orientation Programs
“Creating an online orientation can effectively serve the needs of students who live off campus and can’t travel, online students, and for parents who can’t be present at orientation day activities.”
For traditional students living on campus, there are few substitutes for the chance to see their dorm and try out the dining hall for the very first time; however, creating an online orientation can effectively serve the needs of students who live off campus and can’t travel, online students, and for parents who can’t be present at orientation day activities.
Most orientation programs include:
- A campus tour, with tours of residence halls and other facilities students might visit.
- Introductory speeches and question and answer sessions.
- Department-specific meet and greets to introduce students to staff and faculty in different departments.
- The opportunity to meet with various offices, including admissions, financial aid, and residence life.
- Informational sessions on campus life, study abroad, work-study jobs, and other topics.
- Opportunities for students to meet one another and begin making friends.
Each of these elements can be hosted or enhanced online with the YuJa Enterprise Video Platform.
- Administrators can opt to share orientation sessions via direct link or embed code to allow anyone to see them, or on EnterpriseTube for students.
- YuJa’s Content Management System (CMS) allows the organization and storage of media content in one location. Administrators, department chairs, and instructors can upload videos, photos, and 360-degree views to help students tour campus.
- Lecture capture offers easy to use tools to record and publish speeches no matter what device or where your audience is viewing. The technology also simplifies Q&A forums with live streaming, and allows those who couldn’t attend the opportunity to review later at their own pace.