Preparing for an RFP
Digital Accessibility Platform RFP Questions to Ask
- Does the product provide accessibility alternative formats as PDFs, text file, high-contrast, immersive reader, ePUB, Digital Braille and audio?
- Does the accessibility alternative formats including PDF, immersive reading, text file, EPUB, digital Braille, audio podcast, and language translation?
- Does the product translate documents in at least 100 languages to ensure that content is be viewed across a broad cross-section of learners?
- Can instructors option to show or hide specific alternative accessibility file types to the student? For example, exclude a particular accessible alternative such as translated text?
- Can users adjust accessibility settings individually as well as use preset accessibility profiles including motor impaired, color blind, dyslexia, visually impaired, ADHD and seizures & epileptic?
- Does the product’s accessibility analysis include step-by-step guides on how to fix individual accessibility issues?
- Can the content owner directly fix and replace the original file with a remediated and more accessible document? Please provide the specific steps to doing so.
- Do instructors and administrators recieve real-time accessibility suggestions within WYSIWYG text areas within the LMS?
- Does the real-time accesibility suggestions include font size suggestions?
- Does the real-time accessibilty suggestions include color improvements to align with WCAG 2.1 color contrast guidelines?
- Does the product analyze math equations and content to create accessible alternatives, including audio narration of complex math equations?
- Can the math and STEM content within a document be extracted as a readable LaTex file?
- Can the math and STEP content within a document be extracted as an Audio Podcast?
- Can the product analyze handwritten math equations and create accessible alternatives?
- Can the product analyze chemical equations and chemistry diagrams (example: visual carbon chains of molecules) and create an audio podcast, as well as text-based equivalence?
- Does the platform provide integrated support into all major LMS platforms including Canvas, Moodle, D2L Brightspace, Blackboard Learn, and Blackboard Learn Ultra?
- Does the product provide inline accessibility formats directly adjacent the content within the LMS?
- Does the platform’s inside-LMS accessibility badging indicate the accessibility score using both color and shape to ensure WCAG 2.1 compliance?
- Does the product provide a native LTI 1.1 and LTI 1.3 to integrate with the Learning Management System (LMS)?
- Does the product offer the ability to customize role mappings for custom LMS roles?
Does the product provide institution-level reporting and benchmarking?
- Can the institution-level reporting be segemented based on sub-organization such as department, faculty and school? Does the benchmarking summary analytics show the sub-organization’s segment?
- Does the product’s license include a website accessibility widget that can be embedded on any public-facing website, Intranet or custom website owned by the institution?
- Does the product’s website accessibility widget allow content adjustments that include content spacing, font sizing, line height, letter spacing, readable fonts, cursor size, animation pausing, and reading mask?
- Does the product’s website accessibility widget allow color adjustments including contrast, saturation , monochrome, as well as color adjustments to the titles and buttons.
- Does the product provide a separate Accessibility Portal that users can self-manage their document content library?
- Can users upload their content directly to a private folder to organize, manage, and distribute their accessible content outside of the LMS?
- Can the user share accessibility content to other users directly from their Accessibility Portal account?
- Is the product localized into non-English languages such as French and Spanish?