“Both software and hardware solutions have numerous advantages, and both help leverage technology to bring interactive educational opportunities to students.”
The YuJa Enterprise Video Platform allows a scalable lecture capture solution with desktop-based software, a hardware capture appliance, in-browser capture tools and mobile capture applications.
Software Capture and Personal Capture Applications
Record lectures anywhere and from any device, including mobile devices, with Software Capture.
Software capture offers:
- Flexible course delivery across locations
- Access using any device, whether its a browser, phone or tablet
- The ability to present using slides, audio, video and other peripherals
- Multi-stream audio and video captures with automatic-captioning
- Search-inside-video capabilities
Additionally, mobile apps allow students and instructors to record and view content on the go with an HTML5-based media player.
The YuJa Hardware Hub is Another Powerful Lecture Capture Solution
Simply placing a YuJa Hardware Hub in classrooms enables lecture capture and live streaming of multi-source content.
With the Hardware Hub, instructors can:
- Automate recording, remotely scheduling, starting and pre-scheduling on their schedule
- Publish and distribute content automatically
- Integrate hardware with existing video and audio sources
- Preview sources connected to the Hardware Hub, which enables real-time source monitoring
Advantages of Hardware and Software-Based Lecture Capture Solutions
Both software and hardware solutions have numerous advantages, and both help leverage technology to bring interactive educational opportunities to students. No matter which solution is chosen, videos are processed with AI-based semantic analysis, which enables auto-captioning and video search.
Which solution is right for an institution depends, but listed below are some considerations for each.
Software-Based Capture is:
- Cost-effective. It doesn’t require additional equipment outside of a podium computer or instructor’s laptop.
- Easy to use. This solution may require more instructor involvement than a hardware solution.
- Intuitive. Software Capture is an ideal option for new users who are looking to test the features of YuJa.
Device-Based Capture (the Hardware Hub) is:
- Scalable. This solution is ideal for university-sponsored connected classroom integration.
- Automated. Device-based capture automates the process and reduces instructor involvement in lecture capture. It can be turned on manually or set to activate according to a pre-programmed schedule.
- Hands-off. This solution allows a more hands-off approach, making it ideal for faculty who prefer not to manage technology.