- Organizations with strong onboarding processes can improve new hire retention by 82%, according to research.
- A Gallup poll revealed that only 12% of employees “strongly agree” that their company did a great job onboarding new employees.
- A total of 93% of employers found that good onboarding is critical for the success of new hires.
There’s a lot at stake when hiring. A robust Video Platform is one way leading HR teams have helped their new staff onboard successfully.
How YuJa’s Video Platform Can Help Organizations Onboard
In addition to helping create an easily scalable, cost-effective onboarding solution, the YuJa Enterprise Video Platform can help to support employee onboarding in several key ways, including:
- Providing additional support with video-based learning: With YuJa, organizations can offer additional opportunities to learn various rules and policies with video-based learning. Videos created with the capture tools are an ideal way to teach employees about security policies, time off procedures, and how to clock in, and log in and out of systems. Chunking information into smaller, more digestible videos can help employees learn and retain information.
- Storing tutorials for common procedures with a video content management system (VCMS): Store, manage, distribute and stream media content in a secure environment with an easily scalable video content management system. Onboarding videos can be reused as long as the process stays the same, and when something changes, editing is simple.
- Outlining shared tasks and answering frequently asked questions with lecture capture: Teach common or shared job tasks using lecture capture tools. Employees can easily refer to these over and over again as they master tasks, as well as search videos to find exactly what they’re looking for quickly.
- Enhancing Culture with videos of important events and activities: Show employees the company culture by sharing videos of events and activities to help new employees learn more about the company, get a better idea of who the employees are and how they interact.
- Elevating collaboration with video: Features like video conferencing provide an effective communication and collaboration tool. Other tools to facilitate collaboration include whiteboards, access to file uploads, video chats and shared files, which allow employees to work on projects together.
Effective employee onboarding not only communicates information about a company, but also helps new hires feel competent, comfortable and like part of the team.