A Video Platform is a Scalable, Cost-Effective Onboarding Solution
- Organizations with strong onboarding processes can improve new hire retention by 82%, according to research.
- A Gallup poll revealed that only 12% of employees “strongly agree” that their company did a great job onboarding new employees.
- A total of 93% of employers found that good onboarding is critical for the success of new hires.
There’s a lot at stake when hiring. A robust Video Platform is one way leading HR teams have helped their new staff onboard successfully.
How YuJa’s Video Platform Can Help Organizations Onboard
In addition to helping create an easily scalable, cost-effective onboarding solution, the YuJa Enterprise Video Platform can help to support employee onboarding in several key ways, including:
- Providing additional support with video-based learning: With YuJa, organizations can offer additional opportunities to learn various rules and policies with video-based learning. Videos created with the capture tools are an ideal way to teach employees about security policies, time off procedures, and how to clock in, and log in and out of systems. Chunking information into smaller, more digestible videos can help employees learn and retain information.
- Storing tutorials for common procedures with a video content management system (VCMS): Store, manage, distribute and stream media content in a secure environment with an easily scalable video content management system. Onboarding videos can be reused as long as the process stays the same, and when something changes, editing is simple.
- Outlining shared tasks and answering frequently asked questions with lecture capture: Teach common or shared job tasks using lecture capture tools. Employees can easily refer to these over and over again as they master tasks, as well as search videos to find exactly what they’re looking for quickly.
- Enhancing Culture with videos of important events and activities: Show employees the company culture by sharing videos of events and activities to help new employees learn more about the company, get a better idea of who the employees are and how they interact.
- Elevating collaboration with video: Features like video conferencing provide an effective communication and collaboration tool. Other tools to facilitate collaboration include whiteboards, access to file uploads, video chats and shared files, which allow employees to work on projects together.
Effective employee onboarding not only communicates information about a company, but also helps new hires feel competent, comfortable and like part of the team.
Improve Employee Onboarding with Video Training
Effective employee onboarding helps maximize productivity, reduce stress, and improve staff retention. In fact, employee onboarding is one of the best uses of HR teams, providing significant reward for both new employees and corporations or institutions.
Well-executed onboarding leads to both increased profits and improved employee satisfaction. Research shows that great employee onboarding:
- Improves retention by 82%
- Increases productivity by 70% and
- Is critical for the success of new hires, with 93% of employers surveyed saying the experience was key to success in an employee’s role.
Using tools provided within the YuJa Enterprise Video Platform, trainers can provide onboarding activities in a variety of ways, such as:
- Micro-lesson video recording, which facilitates corporate microlessons;
- Social learning, which allows real-time discussion and promoted media engagement; or
- span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Video conferencing, which offers engaging options for virtual lessons, desktop sharing, collaboration and more.
Create Quality Onboarding with E-Learning and Video Content
“Companies want to help employees adjust to the corporate culture, provide needed information for employees to perform their job functions, and improve overall productivity of new hires.”
The goals of onboarding are relatively simple. Companies want to help employees adjust to the corporate culture, provide needed information for employees to perform their job functions, and improve overall productivity of new hires.
- Aligns new hires to corporate themes, culture, and goals.
- Provides self-sufficiency for new employees.
- Increases employee satisfaction.
- Builds a good image of your company.
Opportunities to Enhance Onboarding
Even well-designed onboarding programs can have some areas for improvement.
- At many companies, employee onboarding is short and focuses on paperwork. It may, at some companies, last only a day to a week. To remedy this, add online and video learning elements to your onboarding.
- Onboarding programs may not meet the needs of different types of learners. To help work through this, incorporate things like quizzes, visual presentations, webinars, and other elements that help all new hires be successful.
- Common onboarding strategies may not provide cross-functional insights or information about the skills of new employees that will help them as they begin collaborating and working outside with other departments.
Consider Implementing Pre-boarding at Your Company
Onboarding often begins on the first day of work; however, more and more companies are introducing pre-boarding, which is when a new hire receives essential information before they officially begin their work duties.
Pre-boarding does not have to be intensive to be effective, and it doesn’t even need to be face-to-face.
- Provide employees with information about where to go, who to see, and how their day will go before the first day. Make sure that details about parking, security, and commonly asked questions are addressed. Video tours are an ideal way to share this with your new hires.
- Take care of essential paperwork ahead of time. This reduces the work required on the first day and allows employees to move straight to more active onboarding. Online video tutorials are an effective support for this paperwork.
- Make sure employees have the name and contact information for key staff, including their supervisors and human resources.
Pre-boarding can be done via email, online, or through video. You can even provide pre-boarding information on paper when an employee is hired.
Improving Onboarding for Your New Hires
Modern onboarding is moving out of the traditional office space, and in new directions. Implementing some of these strategies can make onboarding more rewarding for your employees, help them reach maximum productivity, and work to create a unified (and happy) corporate culture.
Good onboarding makes a difference for companies, for managers and for new hires. Setting up your new employees for success benefits everyone in the office, from the top down.
Five Ways in Which a Corporate Video Platform Can Promote Employee Engagement
Five Ways in Which a Corporate Video Platform Can Promote Employee Engagement
With a Corporate Video Platform, you can create video content to ensure that your new employees undergo an engaging onboarding experience:
- Welcome Videos:
- Training Videos
- Department Overviews
The YuJa Enterprise Video Platform also offers fully integrated video editing capabilities that allow content creators to create professional and polished media content without the use of third-party applications.
Regardless of what videos your team decides to record, a Corporate Video Platform can ensure that new hires are provided the necessary content to ensure a smooth transition to your team.
A Corporate Media Management System accessible throughout your organization can facilitate knowledge sharing, as well as provide the tools needed to upload files, record presentations, share videos, and save video conferences. Information should be organized in logical ways, with powerful search tools that enable users to find what they need and when they need it. This can help empower your staff with the information that they need to do their jobs to the best of their ability.
Whether you need to hold a team meeting or share company-wide financial results, on-demand video streaming accessible using hyperlinks are a great way to disseminate content across a large audience. In fact, according to Forrester Research, employees are 75% more likely to watch a video than read documents, emails, or web articles. A Corporate Video Platform keeps your employees up-to-date on the latest company news and announcements and with the YuJa Enterprise Video Platform, your organization has access to high-quality, secure video streaming across all device platforms.
YuJa’s optimized HD video pipeline and streaming also utilize bitrate technology to ensure the smoothest viewing experience. Further, in a remote working environment, allowing your staff to access meetings from anywhere can help organizations ultimately reduce travel and employee time. Whether you are looking to supplement online classes or facilitate employee onboarding, a Corporate Video Platform is an ideal tool suited for any industry.
With a Corporate Video Platform, digital-based quizzes help ensure that employees are engaging with all of your training and work-related content. In-Video quizzing capabilities also facilitate knowledge transfer and are much more efficient compared to quizzes conducted on paper. Your corporate trainers can analyze quiz results within minutes and receive actionable data from learners that provide the opportunity to create differentiated instruction.
Assuming you are an organization that shares hundreds of on-demand content yearly, housing content within a traditional file structure can become a cumbersome process that can lead employees searching through months’ of content for a single file. By housing your digital content within a Corporate Video Platform that provides text-based search, stored content can be searchable by employees based on its topic and name, notes, comments, or video within minutes. Your media content can also be published to Corporate Media Channels which are easily accessible by staff on any device.
Related Article: Scholarship Submissions 2020