Education and Active Duty Military
The United States military supports students who wish to begin or continue higher education while on active duty with tuition assistance and other educational programs for those in the Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, National Guard, and most Reserves. The GI Bill and VA Benefits also are available to help with educational costs no matter the type of degree a student is working toward.
Active Duty Military Students can:
- Enroll in evening courses on base, provided by local colleges or community colleges.
- Take evening or weekend courses at an institution in a nearby community.
- Take advantage of distance learning opportunities and online learning.
The pandemic has expanded the world of online learning, with many programs now being offered entirely online. This makes remote learning convenient, accessible and flexible even to those with unpredictable schedules, while in-person learning options may vary depending upon where an individual is stationed, their work schedule, and their role in the military.
Institutions that use YuJa help create distance or remote educational opportunities to support active duty students in meeting their educational goals.
Online Learning for Active-Duty Military
“The pandemic has expanded the world of online learning, with many programs now being offered entirely online.”
Online courses through YuJa allow students to watch lecture captures with integrated multimedia presentations, participate in online real-time discussions, and to connect and collaborate with one another.
To meet the needs of active-duty personnel in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard, YuJa offers:
- The ability to watch lectures from any device.
- Features that enable search inside video and to re-watch lecture captures.
- Adaptive bitrate streaming and downloadable content for those with connectivity issues or who don’t have access to WiFi at all times.
- The potential for instructors or course designers to create flexible, competency-based courses.