Video is the new textbook.
Increasingly, video takes the place of other media options, including print media. Video content needs to be organized, searchable and accessible to maximize its usefulness.
Learning — Collaboration— Documentation
Handling video content in a smart manner is essential to maximize its effectiveness and accessibility. Video files are large and can be hard to manage. Basic file management systems are inadequate for video content, because they’re not designed to handle large files in a logical. In order to handle your video content, you need a system designed for video content management, like YuJa.
YuJa allows you to integrate all of your digital information through a single, easy-to-use, interface. With YuJa, you can:
- Upload content to the YuJa Cloud and store it in a stable, expandable and secure online storage facility.
- Convert, transcode and format video files for accessible viewing. With YuJa, videos are watchable through the YuJa media console, or can be embedded into your web site.
- Organize and manage video files using metatags to identify files for easier retrieval.
- Auto-caption videos for increased accessibility and access to text transcripts.
- Secure and protect your digital content. Access is limited to only approved individuals.
The benefits to faculty and administrators using the video content management system are clear, but YuJa’s video content management system also benefits your students. Students increasingly expect access to lecture captures and express a preference for video learning. Video learning is adaptable, meeting the needs of both visual and auditory learners, and can maximize student ability to learn, review and retain material. Students benefit from well-organized video content management in a number of ways.
- The YuJa Cloud provides stable access to course video content for students. With near-perfect uptime, students can access their course materials 24/7 without delay.
- Effective conversion procedures and mobile compatibility mean that students can watch videos from a laptop, a tablet or a smartphone, accessing all of the YuJa video features.
- Auto-captioning makes videos fully searchable. Students can easily find answers to their questions in the course videos.
- Lecture captures and external videos are stored in one accessible location. Students don’t have to question where to find videos, keep links to videos, or worry about whether they have missed an important video.