Benefits of Managing Video Content with YuJa’s Video CMS
Maximize Effectiveness with YuJa’s Video Content Management System
Managing video content is essential to maximizing its effectiveness and accessibility. Video files are large, which makes them inherently difficult both to keep organized and to find what you’re looking for quickly and easily.
Basic file management systems are inadequate for video content because they’re not designed to handle large files individually or in bulk. To best manage media, you need a system specifically designed for video content management, like YuJa’s Enterprise Video CMS.
The Video CMS allows you to integrate all of your digital information through a single, easy-to-use interface, as well as:
- Upload content to the YuJa Cloud and store it in a stable, expandable and secure online storage facility.
- Convert, transcode and format video files for accessible viewing. With YuJa, videos are watchable through the YuJa media console, or can be embedded into your web site.
- Organize and manage video files using metatags to identify files for easier retrieval.
- Auto-caption videos for increased accessibility and access to text transcripts.
- Secure and protect your digital content. Access is limited to only approved individuals.
Simplify Video Management
With YuJa’s Video CMS:
Publish — Content can be seamlessly published to secure course-level channels.
Store — Content can be stored, organized and viewed within your LMS with LTI-based integration.
Secure — Content can be secured with location security, network restrictions and password protection.
Students Also Benefit from an Easily Accessible Video CMS
Students increasingly expect access to lecture captures, instructional videos, student-recorded videos and other media content created in the course of teaching and learning. Many have expressed a preference for video learning because it’s adaptable, meeting the needs of both visual and auditory learners, and it can maximize students’ ability to learn, review and retain material. Students benefit from well-organized video content management in a number of ways.
- The YuJa Cloud provides secure, redundant and reliable access to course video content for students. With near-perfect uptime, students can access their course materials 24/7 without delay.
- Effective conversion procedures and mobile compatibility mean that students can watch videos from a laptop, a tablet or a smartphone, accessing all of the YuJa Video Platform’s features.
- Auto-captioning makes videos fully searchable. Students can easily find answers to their questions in the course videos.
- Lecture captures and external videos are stored in one accessible location. Students don’t have to question where to find videos, keep links to videos, or worry about whether they have missed an important video.
How a Video CMS Helps Meet Growing Online Learning Needs
Why Do You Need a Video CMS?
The simple answer is that traditional Content Management Systems and Learning Management Systems aren’t designed to manage video files.
- Limited File Sizes: CMSs typically limit file sizes and may not even allow the upload of large video files.
- Compatibility Issues: A traditional CMS may not support all video file types, meaning videos would have to be converted.
- Decreased Network Strength: Because videos are large, if you don’t have a Video CMS, they can quickly impair your network operations. making your network slow and unreliable.
- Security Issues Abound: Public platforms pose security risks. A good Video CMS will enable secured viewing and offer enhanced security features like encrypted connections to prevent unauthorized access to your videos.
A video content management system not only addresses all of these issues, but can integrate with your existing enterprise systems, including your LMS, CMS, SSO (single sign-on), intranet and website.
The Benefits of a Video Content Management System
A video CMS offers a number of benefits for companies, enterprises and educational institutions of all sizes.
Searchable, Organized Video Content Increases Accessibility: A Video CMS doesn’t just store video content, but also makes it accessible and searchable. With a video CMS like the YuJa Enterprise Video Platform, users can search not just titles or descriptions, but the video content by any word that appears in the video. This helps speed up looking for specific content, maximizing the functionality of your investment in video.
Support for HD Video Enhances Viewing Experience: HD video offers a better viewing experience for users, but comes with much larger file sizes. Managing these file sizes, particularly for longer videos, requires tools designed for just that purpose. A Video CMS is designed for large video storage; most standard content management systems, in contrast, have been designed for files created in Word or Excel.
A Video CMS Provides High-quality, Optimized Playback on Any Device: Users today may watch videos on a computer, tablet, or smartphone, and are just as likely to be catching up on work or school-related video content in a library, coffee shop, or on a commuter train as they are to be catching up at home. Offering optimal playback in a variety of situations and on different screen sizes is essential in today’s world.
Increased Security and Customization of Access Are Essential: A Video CMS provides the ability to secure your internal content and protect copyrights and sensitive information from the public. With a Video CMS, content creators can choose who can view a video, as well as enable others to edit or add content. Customized levels of access to content facilitate increased security and enable different levels of access to groups like students and employees, owners or instructors, and administrators.
A Video CMS Allows Effective Content Sharing: In order to maximize the effectiveness and utility of video content, it needs to be accessible. A video CMS allows creators and viewers to share content on a variety of levels. Content may be made public for marketing or informational purposes. It can be isolated to the internal network of registered users in an Internal Library, or content can be open to only a select group of individuals. This makes it simple to deliver video content to those who need it, while protecting content outside of that group.
The YuJa Enterprise Video Platform also integrates a highly-scalable video transcoding pipeline that optimizes media for efficient distribution. This includes quick video load times, minimal buffering, and adaptive bitrate streaming on any device.
The Benefits of a Video Management Library
Discover the Benefits of a Video Management Library
With many industry leading platforms, your institution has a single place to store and share videos. A structured Platform provides users ease-of-use when accessing specific content.
- With Course Channels, Campus Channels, and Public Channels, educational institutions help facilitate content search.
- Users can utilize Search-Inside-Video to find specific concepts within audio, slides, indexes, comments, and notes instantaneously.
- Individual User Collections facilitates the search process to upload and share content within a centralized video library.
With cloud-based video storage, key features offered by leading providers gives your organization a Media Management library to store and share your videos.
- Cloud-based storage grows at your pace over time and can be placed in the cloud or on-site.
- The availability of support services within cloud-based hosting has eliminated the need to employ staff to maintain your institution’s hardware.
- Consistent up-time delivers reliable access to your media content.
Drag-and-drop capabilities ensure quick access and optimal playback on any device. Whether you are uploading one file or thousands of files each day, your Video Platform can quickly trans-code and process your media content.
With your all-in-one Enterprise Video Platform, editing capabilities for video content allow for users to revisit saved content to edit recordings, revise slide contents, and add and improve captioning.
Media accessibility should be readily available to users. Using scheduling capabilities with your Enterprise Video Platform allows content to be shared on a practical schedule to keep users up-to-date with their courses.
Further, with your Enterprise Video Platform, the ability to share comments, videos, pictures, and links allow users to create social streams across each video.
Related Post: How to Record Lecture Videos