See key highlights below and check out the full release details at updates.yuja.com.
YuJa Enterprise Video Platform and YuJa Himalayas Digital Archiving – Alpine Release
- New Generative AI to Detect Video Chapters (Moments of Impact): With the use of new Generative AI capabilities, Video Chapters allow viewers to automatically select key moments of impact within a video or audio recording.
- Video Editor Introduces New Audio Waveform Engine to View Multi-Track Audio: The Video Editor features an updated audio waveform processing engine that allows you to view independent audio streams on separate tracks instead of the previous single track that displayed all audio waveforms. Content Creators can also split a video and its associated audio track.
- Video Editor Can Build a Multi-Stream Video Using Full-Length, Independent Streams: Content Creators can import video clips as new, independent streams, allowing them to create multi-stream videos with up to four streams within a single video.
- Video Quizzes Support Automatic Grading for Short Answer and Partial Points for Questions with Multiple Answers: Video Quizzes will allow instructors to set grading options for Short Answer question types. Instructors can manually review the answer and enter a grade or automatically assign full points for answers greater than a specified word count. Content Creators can also award partial points for the “Select Multiple” question types.
- Prioritized Human-Captioning Over Auto-Captions: Video content will now prioritize human-generated captions, automatically replacing any auto-generated captions. These human-generated captions will then be utilized for transcript generation, ensuring content is accurately transcribed.
- Himalayas Now Performs Automatic Regeneration of Transcodes Based on View Behavior: In YuJa Himalayas Digital Archiving Platform, administrators can set the minimum weekly view count for videos to automatically generate their transcodes, regardless of whether they were never uploaded or deleted through a Recurring Policy Action—Delete Transcodes or Archive to EVP.
YuJa Verity Test Proctoring Platform – Pearl Release
- New Dashboard for Live Proctoring: Verity Live provides a more intuitive and seamless navigation experience for proctors. Now, proctors can effortlessly explore various views, including Gallery, Screen View, and Student Specific View.
- Verity Live Now Offers Live Student-Specific View: Proctors can quickly direct their attention to a specific student during an assessment by simply selecting a student and accessing a full-screen view of the real-time video and screen feed.
- Assign Custom Flag Levels for Events: Instructors have the flexibility to tailor event flagging to meet their standards by assigning custom flag levels—Minor, Major, or Severe—for events recorded during proctored sessions.
- New Event to Flag Audio Detection: To ensure the integrity of a student’s testing environment, any loud audio occurrences during the assessment are automatically flagged if the Record Audio setting is enabled.
- New Lockdown App Setting to Block Virtual Machines: The Lockdown App will allow instructors to enable virtual machine detection to prevent virtual machines to be used to bypass proctor settings.
- New Lockdown App Setting to Block Applications from Running: Instructors now have more control during online proctored assessments with the new Block Application feature for the Lockdown App.
Software Capture for PC – Ferrero Release
- Refreshed User Interface Using Material Design System: The entire Software Capture user interface has been refreshed to use a Material Design interface, which offers a cleaner interface with a key emphasis placed on updating colors and buttons to provide a clear indication of UI elements, all of which are keyboard accessible.
- New Recording Mini-Bar with Slide-Out Video and Screen Preview: The Software Capture’s Mini-Bar is fully redesigned to provide a sliding video and screen preview that doesn’t show up in the final recording.
- New Fleet Management Capabilities – Automatic Start of Scheduled Sessions When Signed Out of Windows: In cases where a computer is signed out of Windows and Creators cannot access the device, the updated Software Capture application ensures that scheduled sessions will still start on time, capturing active devices such as video and audio sources while awaiting the screen source.
- Media Foundation Engine Now Used for Live Streaming, Offering Enhanced Live Streaming Performance: Following our transition to the Media Foundation engine as our primary capture engine for recording, we have now extended this capability to live streams. This enhancement is set to significantly improve the live stream experience for viewers, ensuring the highest quality output is received.
- Auto-Retry and Connect Profile Devices During Active Recording Sessions: If a recording device assigned to a selected profile is not plugged in at the start of a scheduled session, Content Creators can simply connect the device during the session. The Software Capture application will then automatically detect and integrate the device into the ongoing recording.
YuJa Engage Student Response System – Quebec Release
- New Chrome Extension to Migrate Questions from Third-Party Applications: Mentimeter, Poll Everywhere, and Top Hat: A convenient Chrome extension has been released to streamline the migration of existing questions from competing polling tools, including Mentimeter, Poll Everywhere, and Top Hat, to the Engage platform.
- No More Third-Party Cookies: The Engage LMS integration, with its established and IMS-certified implementation of LTI 1.3/LTI Advantage protocols, has traditionally utilized third-party cookies to ensure secure data transfer between integrated tools. Now, thanks to the adoption of new enhanced protocols, the necessity for third-party cookies is no longer required.
- Auto-LTI Role Mapping for LMS Courses: LTI role mapping simplifies user access by aligning the roles within Engage with the highest assigned role in the LMS. For example, if someone has Instructor-level access in one course and Student-level access in another, they can log in to Engage to participate in, create, and publish Polls and Surveys. However, the ability to create and publish content is limited to the course where they have Instructor privileges. This feature is currently only available for Moodle.
- Real-Time Network Status Monitoring: To address potential network disconnections, we have implemented real-time internet status monitoring. Participants will be able to view their status during a Poll or Survey, and in the event of a disconnection from Engage, participants are immediately notified. Connecting and regaining access to the Poll or Survey is as easy as reconnecting to the network and selecting the refresh button.