To make learning accessible across devices, YuJa offers a strong suite of mobile video capabilities, which include a customizable HTML5 player, apps for both android and iPhone phones, Apple and android tablets, and features like adaptive bitrate streaming.
Feature-Rich HTML5 Player was Designed for Flexible Learning
The HTML5 player was designed with phones and tablets in mind. It provides:
- A responsive design, which allows for automatic scaling to any resolution and screen size.
- Network-sensing technology automatically throttles the quality levels to minimize network impact if a large volume of views occurs.
- Interactive capabilities, such as online quizzes and polls.
- A scalable global network that can grow with your organization.
- Adaptive bitrate streaming, which improves video startup times, minimizes buffering and rebuffering, and provides a richer media experience for viewers.
YuJa’s Technology Makes Learning Flexible
“YuJa automatically optimizes video for effective play across devices and browsers.”
In addition to providing a smooth streaming experience, adaptive bitrate technology supports consistent, quality playback on every device across network types, wireless or wireline. It automatically generates adjustable transcodes for videos, so students who have lower bandwidth can view the video in a lower resolution and bitrate without sacrificing quality.
Using the app (downloadable in the App Store or Google Play), instructors and students can play back media, record captures, upload media, and download content for offline review, which is especially important for students with low bandwidth or where internet connectivity is an issue, as content can be viewed without WiFi.